Helping a sick child fight their illness takes a big enough emotional toll on a family; adding a financial strain can make it all almost too much to bear. RMHC (Ronald McDonald House Charities) can help address those problems, whether they involve housing that’s near a hospitalized child, the expense of staying together in another city, or even getting basic medical and dental care in a vulnerable community. RMHC has local Chapters in more than 63 countries and regions with:
- 359 Ronald McDonald Houses
- 210 Ronald McDonald Family Rooms
- 49 Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles
- Grants to non-profit organizations that also focus on the needs of children
- Scholarships to students across the United States
- Chapters around the world creating country-specific programs
- Yearly, RMHC serves more than 7 million children and families
Ronald McDonald Apartment:
The Luke Spouses’ Club sponsors one of these 359 Ronald McDonald Houses in downtown Phoenix. The apartment is fully furnished as a special suite, for children with suppressed immune systems. They have their own private suite with a bathroom, two beds, living room, and a fully stocked kitchen so that these very sick children do not need to be in public spaces.
In the Spring of 2017 the LSC will be completing a full remodel of the apartment with paint, new bedding, furniture and decorations. if you have any skills or handyman experience contact our Charitable Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org for ways to help. Stay tuned for pictures of our project!